View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Kevin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijoem View Post
Kevin.... when your card was resubmitted - was the prior alteration, and the new 'removing restoration' disclosed?

I have no doubt that grading companies can be fooled.... I am just wondering what their official policy is if all is told to them. If restoration is removed - are graders okay with possibly giving it a number grade?
Good question. No it was not disclosed. The restoration (or alteration) was found out by mistake. It was soaking and a rebuilt corner just fell off, this was of course, fascinating. It had already been rejected as evidence of trimming (not by me), if I'm not mistaken. Seems the two edges had been trimmed back (ever so slightly) to accommodate the rebuilt material.

I set aside the rebuilt material, trimmed and reshaped the bottom and side edges as well as and new corner to blend with the missing stock. It was sent in for grading as an experiment and came back a 3. It's currently on my website with a disclosure.

It is my opinion that removing a restoration with nothing else being done, would be in fact, be altering the card once again. I can't imagine that a grading company would think any differently if it were to be disclosed.

Yes, at least there has been full disclosure with the Wagner but I can see where it would raise some other debatable questions.

Kevin Saucier