View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Rob A......

You asked several ?'s, I'll start with this one:
" Obviously, going back to Heitman's back theories, Bat On and Green Portrait should be available with
brown Hindu backs. "

Over 30 years ago when Bill researched his book, he didn't have the benefit of the Internet. Neverthe-
less, Bill once told me he had sampled several 100,000's (if not a million) of T206's, so one would think
he'd come across at least one Cobb (green or bat on) HINDU ? Furthermore, when "The Monster" was
published (in 1980) he said he knew of only 6 red HINDU cards.

2nd ?...." Not sure if that brown hindu was the same card that you own or what. "

The fellow I traded that card to submitted it for grading (back in 2002) and it was rejected as being
"altered".

3rd ?...." How many Cy Young red hindus have you seen? "

I have never seen this CYoung; however, a Net54er has seen it and told me about it. And, I trust his
word. Yes, there are some Red HINDU's that appear to be unique and there are others that exist in
multiples.

Rob, I would love to see an original Cobb HINDU of any stripe. But, after 29 years of collecting T206's
I have not seen one. It has certainly been a mystery to me and that is why I have delved into the
"nitty-gritty" of perhaps why. Simply, because my mind desires a plausible explanation. So, we can
not ignore this "Factory #649" pattern that is evident across three T-brands and two T-card issues.

Whatever, I await to see a HINDU Cobb (T205 or T206).

TED Z