View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Robert A

Hi Ted,

Interesting subject.

You stated in the other thread:

"2nd....that brings me to the recent Red Cobb/Red HINDU card you alluded to. Frankly, I am very skeptical about this card as
being a authentic. I would like to see at least one or two more of these to feel confident that this front/back combo is real."

I haven't seen the card in person and it may very well be rebacked, but the red hindus are tough enough that there are several that I've only seen one example of so I don't think that's a good enough reason to discount it. How many Cy Young red hindus have you seen? I know Brian W. has a Johnson/red hindu, but I don't recall seeing another one.

Obviously, going back to Heitman's back theories, Bat On and Green Portrait should be available with brown Hindu backs.

In this thread a while back: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=cobb+hindu

I asked the question about whether or not the Bat On/Hindu combo existed because I knew I had never seen one. Aaron Seefeldt posted scans of both a red cobb/red hindu and a bat on/brown hindu. Not sure if that brown hindu was the same card that you own or what.

Anyways, I would personally guess that a Cobb bat on with brown hindu will turn up.

Rob