View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
That is totally insane, I don't know how you guys deal with this every year. The biggest misnomer living in NYC is that because it's in NY we get a lot of snow -- the opposite is true. We had a bizarrely huge snowstorm right before Christmas last month, about 10 inches or so; however, sometimes we go through an entire winter in NYC with no appreciable snowfall. The outer boroughs obviously get a lot though not Nebraska-like. Though if I recall, when I was a kid, I loved the snow and the snow days so your kid must be psyched. It just sucks as an adult.
This is as bad as I can ever remember. We don't normally have more than one or two big snowfall events in any given Winter. We also had the coldest Summer in my lifetime...I was wearing a freaking jacket on the 4th of July and it was too cold to get into the lake. I must have made it out to about 15 minor league games and don't remember a single one where I didn't have to bring a jacket...normally I never would unless it's in May.

As far as the snow days go my kid was definitely psyched about them, but now he has to make one up already and the school system has opted to extend the school day by 36 minutes for 10 days....not quite as fun now.