View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Mediators....Outrageous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
BUYER BEWARE !

The last 1949 Bowman pack (approx. 8 years ago) was a FAKE. I won it off ebay and was excited to open it.

My excitement instantly turned to disappointment, as it was obviously gimmicked up......

1st....it had a skinny slab of Topps gum in it (Bowman bubble gum was the same size as the cards).

2nd....the 5 cards in it were from 4 different series in the 1949 set (a real NO-NO).

3rd....and, the condition of the 5 cards ranged from Vg to ExMt.

I confronted the seller with this and he didn't want to hear it. He claimed he won this "unopened" pack from a
well-known Auction house.

Furthermore, ebay's Safe Harbor mediator ruled in favor of the seller. And, you don't want to know the details
of how the mediator arrived at that judgment....as they were outrageous.

TED Z

Just brought back a BAD memory (fortunatley with a decent ending)- I purchased a magazine described as near mint with Marilyn Monroe on the cover - when it arrived, in addition to the staples being rusted, the cover was actually seperated from the magazine!! At the time it went to the ebay insurer - I will not bore you with more details - but after the insurance co approved the claim, then denied the claim, and I pursued it at length, I ended up with reimbursement and the magazine - idiots!