View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsports33 View Post
you should not have a problem moving that on eBay, early Red Sox items do well or if you are from the Northeast you could bring it to a few of the larger shows - good luck Jimmy
I was going to list it with one of the big auction houses that is going to be displaying items at the White Plains show in New York this weekend., because I thought it would be a great way for it to get some exposure to local New York collectors, but when the time came to sign the papers, they tried to tell me that it was worth around $3,000 less then what the originally estimated it to be worth. I've never dealt with an auction houses, so I don't know if they where just trying to see if they could buy it from me out right, or what there plans where, but that's what made me decide to just try selling it on my own. If I can't get some decent money for it, I'll just keep it. When I look at the ticket, I like to think that Babe Ruth was only around 17 or 18 years old when this world series was played, and I don't think he was even a professional baseball player yet. Being that the world series was between New York and Boston can hurt either.