Thread: More crap.....
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:54 PM

jcmtiger,

The problem isn't that the seller says he thinks the pictures are reprints, the problem is that the seller is probably MAKING these Franken cards himself!!

If that is the case, then he KNOWS these things are reprints, should be putting something on the picture which says reprint and should be making it CLEAR in the listing that these are reprints. That way, anybody who is shelling out money for these things will know what they are buying AND, more importantly, people in the future WONT be fooled thinking that these things are REAL and VALUABLE.

I know New Albany, Indiana. I have been antiquing there many times. It would be REAL EASY to buy a box of REAL cabinet cards (inexpensively), remove the REAL pictures from them and THEN surf the net, download pictures of REAL baseball cards (or Indians), resize the pictures so they will fit the dimensions of the cardboard cabinet backing and then glue the REPRODUCTION picture on.

Voila, A Newsboy actress card or a cabinet card of somebody's unknown relative becomes a "baseball player" or an "Indian". Then a $3 dollar cabinet card becomes a $30 dollar (or higher) "lotto" ticket that a buyer is hoping is real.

If the guy isn't getting these cabinet cards from antique stores on Market Street or Main Street in New Albany then Louisville, Kentucky is right across the bridge, so he can go over there and antique or go to Stewarts Flea Market.

As far as fraud goes, I REALLY hope somebody does go after him for that or gets him kicked off eBay for selling this junk.