View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 PM
James Gallo

I think the low prices are because of the time of year more then anything else. I have been seeing stuff sell for pennies on the dollar, there just doesn't seem to be the money or the crazy for collectibles this holiday season. I think the deals retail stores are offering are getting more people in and grab their cash in place of cards and collectibles.

To answer your question. I do think they are under valued, however a lot of people just don't like them especially the smaller pictures on the Polo Grounds set. I had a tough time getting rid of the set I had and I had a very sharp Wagner, Cobb, Matty etc.

For whatever reason people look at these as secondary cards, much like strip cards.

I don't think you will ever see a huge change in that either. Fan Craze has a shot because it is so early and the larger pictures on the Tom Barker/National Game help that set as well.

Regardless there are key cards in all the sets, but they will always be thought of as outside the main stream collecting IMO.

James G