Thread: Toughest T206's
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Donny Muth

Default I was lucky...

I think my Bastian was the first Southern League player that I got several years ago when I first started collecting T206's.

Last year, when this same "Tough T206" topic came up, I ran out and picked up a Shag and an Ed Foster since those seemed to be hitting everyone's tough lists too. Glad I did...

It seems that Zimmerman is for sale fairly regularly on ebay. Having said that I am working on the Cubs set and still don't have a Zimmerman myself. A quick survey of some online stores that I've visited recently shows that there are some available though. There's two on ebay now I think.

There's a Ganley on eBay now at BIN of $40.00, a Paige that is way out of my budget at $600, and 5 Bastians too.

I am also a T206 back collector and I find that finding a given type of back is fairly difficult. American Beauty 460 and 350 (no frames) don't show up often it seems and when they do they usually aren't in good condition. Obviously anything from Broad Leaf on up in rarity is hard to find and even more so if you're on a budget. I can't remember the last time I saw a blank back T206 on ebay. I am hoping that I'll stumble upon a Piedmont 350-460 Factory 42 with a low BIN by a seller who doesn't distinguish between different factory variations... been hoping for that for awhile now.