View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Jim Thierfelder

Great post. I always find the diversity of people who collect vintage baseball to be very interesting. Would be nice to hear more about what draws some of you to vintage baseball.

I have lived around Milwaukee, WI for all of my 38 years and was fortunate enough to marry the girl of my dreams almost 15 years ago. I have one child and one teenager (will consider trade offers . Actually kidding about the teen. I am very proud of her. The child is my 10 year old son who lives to play baseball.

I began collecting cards at age 8 and despite a few breaks now and then I have never stopped. About 12 years ago my brother gave me a few T206 as a Christmas gift. I was fascinated by the art and the history of the cards and eventually started to pick up a few more. I decided to work on a set about 2 years ago but it has been a little slow going.

Collecting has been very slow this year as I started a new job in June with the US Treasury Department and haven't had the time or ironically the money to work on my T206 set. I am at about 25% and hope to make big strides in 2010.

Last edited by DangerJim; 12-10-2009 at 07:29 PM.