View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Default About Me zzzzzzzz

Hi, everybody. I am Jerry.

I am 57 years old and have been married to my wife, Peggie for 34 years. We have a terrific daughter, Angie and three wild and crazy grandchildren. I am retired as a manager at UPS after 24 years followed by a second career as a financial advisor.

Peggie is very supportive of my hobby, but also very predictable. Her response to any card that I show her is, "How much is it worth? Sell it!"

I have a part time gig as a boxing inspector for the State of Missouri. It is a wonderful scam. They pay me to sit ringside for boxing and mixed martial arts, but don't tell them I would do it for free. (Did you notice Leon Spinks standing behind me in the picture? 2008)

My collection started with 1958 Topps baseball cards purchased at Al's Confectionary in St. Louis. I still have some of those original cards. I've been collecting ever since with some time out for the regular high school diversions. I enjoy building complete sets of cards although, my very favorite piece is an 1860's baseball that I bought in an antique store in my hometown for two bucks.

The favorite card sets in my collection are:

1. 1933 Goudey (G-VG)
2. 1951 Topps Ringside (Currently upgrading to nice SGC grading levels. Doing the same with T218 Boxers)
3. 1958 Topps Baseball Autographed. (I need 10 signed cards to complete)

I am new to N54BB, but have picked up lots of good information in a short time. My thanks to all that post and share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me & Don.jpg (75.7 KB, 363 views)