View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Rich Klein

Default You know

After running a quick search (TY Leon, et al) for the improved search capability of this board, we have never truly had a GOOD 1939 Play Ball thread.

And if someone without the obvious "I need this to help me sell cards" theme had started a thread on 1939 Play Ball, such an idea may have been much better received.

It's obvious that Dean has done a nice job building his business but not such a great job joining our board. And I'm going to say this, and I worked with Marshall at the National at the same booth; but what is occuring with Dean is similar to Marshall and mainly self-inflicted.

So, I'll put out an olive branch -- and start over again

1) Dean; I want YOU to use the search facility of this board and gleam some information about 1939 Play Ball. I want YOU to describe what you think of centering; paper stock, etc. Are there any interesting things you noted in your break.

2) Then after Dean does his work; we'll go back and start the let's show each card in the set with the caveats I put in the other thread which were start with card #1, do one card per person and mosey our way through the set. Whether you show raw or graded is fine by me, BTW.

3) I think then we can all come up with a very nice and informative 1939 Play Ball set but my olive branch and challenge to Dean is for HIM to begin the thread by doing research and helping the board. Then; he'll discover how helpful we all can be. Specific questions will be very appreciated by the board

4) Yes, when one becomes a banner adverstiser; there are more considerations given to them. So, Dean, if you are interested; please contact Leon when he gets back from Valley Forge early next week and he'll see what room if any he has in that world for you.

5) I think we can make this a win-win; but Dean, YOU have to take steps to help as well

Regards
Rich