View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBirkholm View Post
Would any of you speculate that this may have been some sort of team-issued "photo pack"? The lack of corporate sponsorship would be indicative of this.

Not being a card collector, it has never failed to surprise me that these types of "sets"/types are collected in the same fashion as actual cards (although to a lesser extent, I assume). If I had ever been a type collector, I would have immediately labelled such issues as decidedly being on the memorabilia end of the spectrum. Therefore, they would be immediately rendered inconsequential to the completion of my collection. I assume it's all a matter of personal preference?
Hi Jodi
It is exactly like you said, all a matter of preference. I speak from the perspective of being a (mostly) type card collector. I also accept the fact that some people don't feel it's even a legitimate way to collect. That is certainly their prerogative to feel that way. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

For me, I need to have something more than "an" ACC (American Card Catalog) focus, though that is 1 of the 2 foci . If I didn't do it that way I would run out of stuff to collect, for the most part. How fun is that? So I have a strict ACC focus and I have a 2nd method that is unfocused, which is where this "photo-card" falls. BTW, I think the "what is a card" debate is always fascinating . Hope this helps explain where I am coming from. Happy Collecting.

edited to add - THANKS GLEN- for posting the scan of the other card. That's 3....and thanks FKW for chiming in, as always.

Last edited by Leon; 11-21-2009 at 12:23 PM.