View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default question......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
For than a quarter of a century, the focus of our collection has been on securing ultra-high quality rare type cards. We have more than a dozen examples of the highest graded (SGC or PSA) example in a particular set.

We believe it is far more important that each example in our collection is of the highest quality (best condition). Accordingly, we expect to pay for rarity.

What we will not do, is pay a large premium for a HOF. We are type collectors, not player collectors. In most cases (we have more than 250 different type cards from 1869-1954), the player is not important.

As Ralph Lauren said "quality never goes out of style." We expect it, we demand it and we will pay for it

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
So Bruce....I have a legitimate question and hope you will answer it. Do you collect type cards, that you might not see again for many, many years, if the condition is lower than your preference? Personally, I collect the cards without too much emphasis on condition (of course I like nicer condition when circumstances permit) and I do collect HOF'ers when I can.....But, as on this card, when is the next time I will see one for sale?