View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 02:54 PM

Default 1908-09 Rose Company Postcard Pfeffer PC760 Find

Alright - looks like I found a neat place. I'm hoping to get some help. Thanks in advance.

Several years ago before I quit collecting (for all the reasons you have all heard) I scored a then uncatalogued Big Jeff Pfeffer PC760 postcard from ebay. I was into collecting whatever early cards I could find at a decent price and it was listed without the recognition so I was excited to find a possible 1 of 1. I contacted Beckett via email including a scan w/o a response.

I have done nothing to it since but I want to find more info if possible. I know these are the most desired baseball PC set and are scarce. an example sold at auction: http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDet...100&category=1

Mine is in poor condition (was mailed lol) but not in HORRIBLE shape. I want to know an estimated value if I was to sell it. I put a lot of money into the hobby and I don't want to sell it unless I could be persuaded or traded for cards to start a collection again.

BTW: This forum is great. Counterfeit alerts and variations info? I probably would not have been so discouraged from the hobby had a site like this been around or I had known of it.