View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Barry Sloate

Well I'm still not sure if you would like to keep most of it or sell most of it. That is of course your choice, but here are a few suggestions:

If the collection consists of many complete sets as well as single cards and duplicates, you might want to keep the sets intact and sell off the balance. That will put some money in your pocket, leave you with a very nice collection, and will make it very easy for you to liquidate them in the future.

If you are looking to keep a few but want to raise a lot of money you might want to just hang on to some of your favorite cards/players and sell the balance .

As far as the value, key players like Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, etc. are obviously more value than the lesser known players. Also, cards in top condition are more desirable and valuable than the lesser condition ones. And in Topps sets from the 50's and 60's, many of the higher numbered cards have a premium value. You would need a price card to determine that.

But you do need to decide how much you want to sell, and how much you want to keep. Sounds like it could be a pretty nice collection.

If I may ask, where do you live? I am in Brooklyn if you live near there.

Last edited by barrysloate; 10-26-2009 at 05:08 PM.