View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

I find this discussion kind of amazing since we each make a decision as a collector of what we are going to collect and how we are going to collect it. If you collect the T205 set with all the front variations is that not a complete set? I believe that is the desired intent of the producers.

Now if you as a collector think you need to get each card with each variation does that not include all back variations including the advertising?

So to me if you are trying to collect a T205 "master set" you will need a Matty Cycle back whether it has a 37 -11 or a 37 - 1 record.

I owned 3 different Matty Cycles and noticed the 37-1 record with the first one. I brought it up to many will respected hobby people and it was always dismissed because it only came in the Cycle back and no 37-11 was known.

Now all it really takes it a few collectors to decide that they are something special and are willing to pay a premium for them, and be over hyped in an auction. To me all comes down to collectors preferences. We all have our own way of collecting and I don't understand why some people are offended with others collecting habits.

Lee