View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Good morning America

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I still don't understand why my neighbors get the newspaper...every single one of them do and I know every single one of them has the internet. The Lincoln paper is on the net word for word..including the classified ads. $250/year for something they can access for free.
I need the Sunday newspaper to read every morning. It's just not the same with a notebook computer in the bathroom. We only take the Sunday paper and I read different sections each morning. I still like the newspaper. BTW, it's very interesting in Dallas right now. There was a big column this last Sunday about the subscription price going UP substantially. The parent company of the newspaper is trying something different. They feel if they have a good value people will pay (even pay more). To that end they have just hired a bevy of new reporters and are EXPANDING their footprint and scope of the newspaper. It reminds me of that lady baseball postcard that has been on ebay for about 2 yrs. Everyone has seen it as a $3900 BIN (probably a $50 card). About a month ago they raised the BIN to $4200....I don't think their strategy is going to work....I hope the newspaper's strategy does.....