View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Tony- there are occasions when a card that was submitted is perfectly fine, but for some reason the grading company feels uncomfortable giving it a numerical grade. It may be a hairline smaller than normal, or have a funny looking cut. As such, the card may still receive an "Authentic" grade. In those cases the graders may choose to err on the side of caution.
Barry is correct, of course. There are times the third party graders just don't feel comfortable with some aspect OR they don't know enough about the set. IN those cases they might give an AUT grade and there isn't any issue with the card. I had this happen to an 1875 CDV of Candy Cummings. I gave it to SGC to grade at a National several years ago. It came back AUT as the graders didn't know enough about it. I was a bit unhappy since there wasn't anything wrong with the card. After some discussions and research the card got reviewed and came back as an SGC80.....it was a beautiful card and didn't have any problems. As I told them at the time...if there IS A PROBLEM, then I had no issue with an AUT grade. If there wasn't a problem then it should get a numerical grade. They agreed....regards