View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Marc

Turner,
Would you mind sharing the other three variations that you have discovered? Regardless of anybody else's opinion, I DO consider these cards variations and would like to add them to my collection.

To those who insist that both versions of a variation must appear with the same back in order to legitimately be considered a "variation", could you tell me what cards in the T205 set you consider to be true variations? On the vast majority of the T205 variations I am aware of, both versions DO NOT appear with the same back. Some appear with more than one back, but those backs are still exclusive to their respective variations. If we checklist the set in that way, it will be 10-15 cards smaller than what is currently recognized.

To reiterate my feelings on the Doc White "variation", I do not believe that either version will be extremely valuable as both seem to be relatively easy to find. However, I do believe that there will eventually be a modest premium attached to the "no quotes" version as I believe that most collectors (at least set completists like myself) will feel that this is a legitimate variation and, by Joshua's research and tracking numbers, this version appears to be about twice as scarce as the "quotes" version.