View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:16 AM

Default Terrific post Erick!

There's something about slipping a players glove on your hand or gripping & ripping with your favorite player's game used bat that is simply magical.

I had a beautiful Clemente game used bat with tons of wear but had to sell it a few years ago due to a divorce. I learned...now it's me, the dog, and my roommates Babe, Lou, Joe, and Mick.

I'm also fond of Hats and I have a few pro models (one Yanks c. early 1960's MEARS LOA) but was most likely worn by a bat-boy, batting practice coach, or a bullpen catcher, but it does display wonderful.

In a SCP auction in the last year or two, I was the under-bidder on a pair of Ted Williams stirrups with his name sewn in. I ran into a very determined bidder on that one

I do own a circa 1970-71 Manager Ted Williams used BAT before games as skipper of the Senators, un-cracked and shows tremendous use. Exact model ordered by Williams during the time period. PSA/DNA Authentic graded GU-9.

It's quite a thrill to hold it, close my eyes, and start dreaming how Teddy Ballgame would lecture his players on the science of hitting, then step into the box and show them how to do it. I can almost feel the crack of the bat as I swing and yet another wonderful ball mark was ingrained onto my bat.

Sorry, I got carried away a little. Best to all, Jimmy

williamsbat3.jpg

williamsbat2.jpg

williamsbat1.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-18-2009 at 03:42 PM.