View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Yank View Post
It never fails to amaze me how this community comes up with an answer to whatever topic is thrown at them from left field.
Here's one that was just pulled on me, and I was wondering if any of you guys ever heard of it, or experienced it yourself.
I'm interested in hearing your take on it.

I have a regular phone, no cell, or anything like that.
I also have an answering maching hooked up to it.
I had a recorded message geared towards telemarketers, and surveyors.
If I didn't recognize the voice, I didn't answer the phone. ... It worked very well, for a long time.
All of a sudden, it appears like my message was hijacked, and replaced by a simplistic ... "Please leave a message after the tone."

My nutty side saw some humor in it ... BUT my street side says some one went accross the line.

First of all, I never heard of this sort of thing, but the fact is, someone hijacked my message, and replaced it with theirs.

What is your take, and thoughts.

Thank you.
Joe
Interesting question Joe. But why count on the people on the board to do your legwork for you?

Get out your instruction book and read it!

Look up your answering machine on the internet. Look for a Troubleshooting or FAQ section and see what they say!

Experiment by rerecording your message and then simulating a power outage and see what happens!

I think you'll find half the joy in these things comes from doing the research yourself. Have fun with the situation.

Edited to add - I think it's the power outage thing too.

Last edited by Jim VB; 09-06-2009 at 08:03 AM.