View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Marvin J.

Default Displaying my T-206's (my little project)

Hi all - wanted to share a little project that I had been working on in regards to displaying my 206's. Since I'm relatively new into collecting pre-war, I started off buying a few beaters to take a look at what they felt and looked like up close. Collecting a few beaters, I hated the idea of just pawning them off (I have a partial, higher end collection going, but I'm a collector, so I won't ever dump anything I buy lol )

Anyway, I took a few of my beaters and found the perfect frame from them

(Excuse the Jackie Robinson Old Gold Cigarettes ad - which I actually found amongst a stack of old postcards located in an antique shop in Berkeley, CA and purchased it for the princely sum of $2. I couldn't find a card that would fit that area other than an Exhibit, but even then, it wouldn't fit very well).

The frame above cost about $30 and I took some of my beaters and showed the front side, then took the rest of my beaters and showed the different card backs (Pied, Cap, Sov, etc).

The frame above cost about $24 and I used it to display some of the graded stuff that I have.

I found both at Target

If you all have your cards displayed, would you mind showing some off? - would love to see how they proudly displayed (and they make the best conversation pieces ever!)

PS - Of course, I'm sure most of ya'll keep your uber high-end stuff in a safe (I know I would) - but I figured a lot of stuff floating out there for $50 to $100 would be better off shown then hidden away in a drawer somewhere