View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 11:21 PM

Default Please don't feel that way Scott....

As you know from our private correspondence, I've had many high and low times in my life and I would imagine most of the net54 members would say the same.

It wasn't my intention to make this thread a class separation in any way shape or form. It's just that the first time you spend four figures on a baseball piece, it must be pretty darn special and something that you'll probably not forget.

Hell, I drive a Jeep Patriot, don't own a house, and the only vacation I take is to the National every year.

I'm done being married and both of my ex-wives are paid off, my kids are grown, and my girlfriend (who is a U.S. citizen) lives in China for eight months a year and stays with me the other four.

So, it's just me, my little dog, Babe, Lou, Joe, and the Mick (by choice I should add) and I've never been happier. I must also say that I have more great friends then any man should be entitled to and for that, I am most grateful.

I think that many people here are at different stages in their life, and everyone's priorities and responsibilities are different.

I have also stated in multiple PM's with other members that I have three very close friends who are also collectors and between the four of us, my collection comes in dead last. Not even close. But I collect what I like so I never feel bad about what I don't have.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Happy collecting to all, and to all a good night.

Sincerely, Jimmy

P.S. I don't spend all of my money on baseball stuff as I did take Grace on a four day cruise last year from money I made turning some baseball memorabilia
545.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 08-23-2009 at 07:48 AM.