View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Brad Green

The difference between the picture from the digital camera and the scanner is interesting. You certainly can't see all of the detail from the camera image.

I think modifying the scan (or tuning the scanner) to show off the imperfections of the card in preparation for sale is fine, especially when viewing the choice of selling the card based on the camera image and selling the card based on the scan on the right.

If things were reversed and you had tuned your scanner to remove the creases, then tried to sell the card based on that "improved" scan, that would be wrong.

As far as computer modifications of scans, I had in mind more than "tuning" software to make scans brighter or darker. I was thinking more along the lines of using brushes within software programs to cover up writing, creases, etc. I know there are others on the board who have messed around with using software to hide missing corners or holes on the card.

I should say that the images of my cards above were modified only for use on my website and not with the intent of scamming anyone.