Old 08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default for me personally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
1. Card alteration.
2. Grading company incompetence.
3. Shill bidding and related practices (e.g. reporting cards as sold that didn't sell).
4. Fake or misrepresented autographs and memorabilia.
5. Failure to pay consignors.
6. It's a sunny day, at least here in the East, and everything is great.
Since the question was posed as it being for us personally I will answer it that way. In order of importance....

2. If the grading companies don't catch things then that would screw me over big time, if I didn't catch something. #1 becomes moot if they do their job well.

3. Shill bidding would be a big problem for me as I bid in most auctions and it is a concern if there is not a legit bidder running me up. Even if I don't put in a max, the person bidding me up could be a shill or the consignor or a bogus bidder of some kind. That would be a big problem for me.

I don't really collect autos or memorabilia so it's not a problem for me. Since I have an auction company I really don't consign too much so that is not a worry. That issue would rise to the top if I were a collector/seller/buyer otherwise.

It's raining here in St.Louis today...but I will be in Kansas City tomorrow so hopefully it will be nicer there......

As far as taking these kinds of questions to private emails I would politely disagree. My belief has always been the more communication about everything the better.....regards