View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Rich Klein

Default The parking fee is also beyond the promoters reach

That is done by the Convention Center. The biggest problem with parking in Cleveland, is unlike Chicago, there is no cheaper outlet. If you wish to walk a bit in Chicago, I belive parking is $3 for the day at the CTA station. If you read my original treatise; my point was on admission charges NOT on parking. Let's focus on what we can change; not what the promoters have no say over.

Here is an example of that; due to union rules at the I/X Center; if you wish to carry out your merchandise; you must use a two wheeler. They will stop you at the door with a four wheeler. The promoters have no control over that and again we learn to live within those rules.

The autographs are also not part of the promoters reach. IIRC; they contract with Tri-Star to bring in autograph guests. Tri-Star does a great job with that and the autographs are for all price levels from nominal to $200+. That is not really an issue either as the autograph flow does not affect the show traffic. And again; another reason why I don't mind the promoters selling MVP or Super MVP tickets; etc. Some of the cheaper autographs become free with the higher end badges and that is fine. To use another ballpark in Arlington analogy; when I go to Rangers games with my friend whose tickets are six rows behind the visitors dugout; we also have the right to enter the gold club. Somone in the bleachers does not have that same option. The cost of the ticket is also much more for the better seat.

Regards
Rich