View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Default My Two Cents

I have certain issues every year with the National. Of course the admission and parking is criminal. I have issues with how sad the National is now, compared to when I started going in the mid-1980's. There is no energy. It's frail and ill. It's a different world of collecting with eBay, auction houses, the death of the current Baseball Cards and such.

I pointed to a card in a dealers cases. A rather common 1950's football semi-star with an SMR of $85. His price? $225! That same card can be found on eBay for about $90-100 and BIN's for around $150.

Since one of the people behind the National is on here, I must say that I understand that it's not your fault, but what these past and present athletes charge for signatures is simply stupid. There is nothing sadder than seeing a big name athlete charge three figures for something, sign like thirty signatures total and then sit there. Leave these guys home. I would prefer a quantity of common guys for $10-15 per who normally don't do many signings than what I saw.

How many times can Jim Brown or Joe Namath or Joe Montana do a show? Geez.

Las Vegas makes too much sense. Convention Capitol of the U.S.

Larry