View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybulldog50 View Post
Dan,
That's pretty dang impressive. I liked how you added other things to your display (ball, glove, etc.), it looks really great! I did check your photos, do you own the broadside as well? You mentioned that you stopped bidding on dupes for your collection, are there other collectors/competition in this area of collecting? If so, do they have similar pieces as you? Also, are there pieces that you know exist, but currently don't have?
Ricky, I do not own the broadside...I do not know anyone that collects the Nebraska Indians stuff...there never seemed to be any pattern in ebay bids where I could figure out my main competition. Lots of times my competition came from Native American collectors and not baseball collectors.

There are currently four items that I know exist but do not own.
-This postcard - a variation on one I already own, but I want all the variations.

This cabinet photo

This RPPC

And this broadside that was sold in an Oregon Trails auction in the mid 1990s.

There was also a letterhead that I lost out on about 5-6 years ago on ebay..I bid it up to $600 and still came in second. I lost out to someone that collects letterheads, not just baseball related either. The letter's content was about a Japanese team that Guy Green was intending to put together, but it was on NI stationary. I did win an identical envelope just recently though.