View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Default CLOSED... USMC kia charity auction; Type 1 Newsphoto, Yanks

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to; 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor"

Proceeds to the Corporal Nick Xiarhos scholarship fund. (See my post "Our town loses a son" in the home page.)

Send check to me or send directly to YPD (Nick's dad Steve X, is a YPD lieutenant). The Xiarhos family suggests donations to the scholarship fund established in Nicholas's name by the Yarmouth Police Relief Association (YPRA). Donations can be sent to;

Yarmouth Police Department
-Attn: YPRA,
1 Brad Erickson Way
West Yarmouth, MA 02673

Payable to: Nicholas George Xiarhos Scholarship Fund.

Original news photo dated 5-10-49, with attached caption and "ACME newspictures" stamp. Very mild on the creasing and old tape att'd.

Starting bid $.99 any increment. Shipping on me. Bidding ends next Thursday nite at 2400hrs. Thanks, Steve F

"BERRA INJURED BEFORE GAME
DETROIT; Yankee teammates carry catcher Yogi Berra from the field after he was injured May 10, by a ball thrown by first baseman Jack Phillipsin the pre-game warm-ups as the Yankees prepared to play the Detroit Tigers" Credit (Acme Telephoto)

Nick and his twin sisters before redployment to the middle east two months ago.,

Last edited by Ladder7; 08-07-2009 at 05:06 AM.