View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Alan Elefson

Default 1913 guide questions

Hi-
I recently acquired four examples (different weeks) of the "American and National League Base Ball Schedule and Record book" scanned below and I was wondering if anyone had seen this before? The four I have are from different weeks in April and May 1913. All four have the same image on the cover. Inside each one is a section of baseball transactions and general notes (Several pages are in each issue. An example from the week of April 21is scanned below) as well as a scorecard (to keep track of individual players). There is also an in depth article spanning the first few pages in every issue (see scan below of first page of bean ball article from week of May 5th).
Has anyone seen these or anything like them? I know they were advertising tools for the company, but I was surprised at the depth of information available. If anyone has any others I would love to see them (or at least find out how long this company did this). Any additional information (or even best guesses/opinions) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg July 18, 2009 (11).jpg (72.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg July 18, 2009 (12).jpg (71.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg July 18, 2009 (16).jpg (73.7 KB, 42 views)