View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 AM
James Gallo

Default Mud throwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoundR69 View Post
A bit vague on this, but about a year or so ago, Dave Forman got sued because he refused to return a GAI9 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card to the person who submitted it for crossover.

Not sure about the details but I know it happened. I'm sure the cyber experts out there can dig up all the details.
Try not to throw mud if you don't know the details.

I forget all the fine points of the suit, but part of the issue was the the card was owned by one of the higher ups at PSA or GAI I believe and they wanted it crossed. SGC said it would not cross. I forget why it get even messier but I do recall the SGC had every right to hold the card IMO as the owner was being a complete ass and wanted a bump SGC didn't feel the card deserved. If anything this would just go to show how honest SGC is.

This was in one of the NY papers probably post of newsday.

As far as what PSA has down wrong, well the complete and total messing up of labeling cards correctly, total lack of customer support and the fact that the card they based thier whole business on is a trimmed card would be starters.

I am sure in the long run we will get more details on Dave.

As for many of the other comments regarding SGC policies they were answered in the other thread.
No employee of SGC can have cards graded and this was something they started roughly a year or two ago. The comments are further detailed in the previous thread so go read through the 5 pages.

James G