View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I just got back from the show after spending all day there! The selection of quality vintage cards and memorabilia was outstanding in my opinion. It was great seeing Toby, Brian, Scott, Steve, Erich, Jimmy, Marty and others whom I met but cannot recall names. Scott, Steve, Erich and myself met up at noon and talked/looked at cards for over an hour (Steve and Erich had some incredible caramel and tobacco cards with them). Rawn, no Carrigans (other than Steve's E97 black and whte), but I will continue to hunt for them for you.
Overall, I heard some dealers say that there wasn't a lot of traffic, but the wares they displayed came close to equaling the regular show in November. As always, Tik had some incredible items including arm bands from several 1860s teams (he had Baltimore most prominently on display) as well as an incredible Red Stockings scorebook from the dawn of professional baseball. I would venture to say that more than 30 percent of the dealers had primarily vintage items for sale (both cards and memorabilia). I will be posting some of my pickups here and on the memorabilia forum later this weekend.
It was a pleasure meeting everyone there (even if I forgot some names)! If you missed this one, please try to come in November as this show is easily the best show in the Notheast (in my opiniop better than White Plains).
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com