View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Frank Wakefield

John, I am glad you're digging through those papers!! Stay at it, and post what you find, please sir.

As for Schwietzka, if the image on T210 of him shows him in Columbia uniform, then I agree. T210 could show him in a 1909 uniform... T210 series 1 might not have been issued all at once, some initially, then some others added or as replacements. My point is that the 3-25-10 date doesn't prove as much as it might initially seem.

It certainly seems to me that T210s were issued regionally. A cigarette smoker in Kentucky would have been more likely to buy manufactured cigarettes if the cards included were of Bluegrass League players instead of all of those various players many of whom were unknown in Kentucky. Definitely a regional issue. It would take some incentive to get a Kentucky fellow to pay that money out when he could have saved money and roll his own.

And, it seems to me that Series 1 would have rolled out before Series 6, Series 7, or Series 8.

Finally, I don't think that all of the cards are out there in equal numbers. Either many were double printed while some weren't, or there was a change in which cards were being printed and distributed. The latter seems more likely to me.