View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Frank Wakefield

Alright.... for the first time ever I've gone to look at the section entitled: "Ebay/Vintage Card Auctions VBC Forum B/S/T."

Anything posted in the last week has been for stuff on eBay, I didn't look more than a week back. I don't think that's the place for me to auction a T206 card. That would be a place for me to hype an eBay auction of mine.

I've listed a second one. And it may well be the last one I list since doing it seems to upset some folks. When I do list it, my plan is to sell it to the high bidder... and that is SELLING. I assure you that the card of Wabash George Mullin was deserving of multiple bumps to the top as folks bid, and that that card is now just as SOLD as it would have been if I'd have sold it for $20 postpaid to start with. George Mullin was a bartender back home in Wabash, Indiana in his later days. That should make his card deserving of attention.

I do see the sense of what was said about an auctioned card listing having the bids sent via email with the seller 'editing' his original post to continually display the auction price... but there are problems with that. The thread would have no more posts and sink like a stone. If the seller had a life and was therefore unable to constantly update bids on the site then bidders would be frustrated, not knowing where the bidding was.

Maybe a solution would be to have a separate Net54 auction thread for each of the extant BST catagories... I don't see jamming what I did into that eBay thread as fair.

So I've listed a decent looking T206 of Frank Isbell (did you know he played infield, outfield, and pitched in the majors?), and the concern and posts that have been expressed have convinced me not to try another auction anytime soon. I'm sorry you guys have been inconvenienced by it. One way to make the Isbell aucton go away quickly would be for one of you to bid about $50 for it, more than I think it's worth, that way there would be no more bids and it would sink like a rock.

Frank W.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 06-04-2009 at 09:49 PM.