View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Adam M.

Default Conducting auctions on the B/S/T

In a recent "auction style" posting on the B/S/T, a member wrote: "If you're complaining about the auction style, or auctions in general, please do it somewhere else, on the main board. I don't mind the bashing, but it isn't fair to interfere with the auction. Thanks."

Accordingly, I am posting my concerns here as follows --

I, like many, have noticed the increased popularity of "auctions" on the B/S/T. One very significant consequence of these auctions is the large number of replies necessary to sell something (or, if a "dutch auction," the significant number of posts required by a seller if the starting price is high). Recently, for example, it took approximately 14 replies to sell a single T206 common.

For those who sell on the B/S/T, you are no doubt aware that each reply to a listing represents a "bump to the top," or, more importantly for our purposes, a "bump to the bottom" for the listings of all other sellers (most notably those utilizing the long-standing B/S/T fixed price format).

So my question is where on the forum do these new "auctions" belong??

Fortunately, there is already an existing section of the B/S/T appropriately titled: "Ebay/Vintage Card Auctions VBC Forum B/S/T." (To find this section, simply click on the "Buy/Sell/Trade Section" icon at the top.)

I propose this existing, appropriately named section is where all auctions belong. To conduct auctions in any other section of the B/S/T is acting to the detriment of other sellers.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Adam; 06-04-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Leon, Should you move all auctions to the appropriate section?