View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Ralph

Jay,
As for the series I indicated I know series 3 is the most plentiful but the other series I listed had the orange borders as well but not as many per series and I have even seen a series 2 now and then so they come out of the wood work.As for the years I started the t-210's in 1982 and was done shortly after my Grandfather's death in 87.I know of only one other collector who did it first but it took him longer to do it and the way he housed the cards was with the old black photo pages with 4 slits for each corner and I know of another collector who is one short of them all.I am working on a article as to the cards players,the ones who made it to the big leagues.The Joe Jackson card in which I personally owned 5 at one time and the Stengel is tougher to find.I went through thousands of cards and I did it when there was no internet which I think is remarkable and I wish I had the photo's of the cards on computer ,I do have some photo's of some of my favorite old mills but the pics are so small.The one thing about the T-210 cards is they are not as colorful as t-206's in which makes them less popular but if you want a challenge try doing the entire set and see if you can do it,I guarantee you won't do it in 5 years because the computers make the competeition so much greater,back in my time it was mail auctions and I had help with veteran dealers and I was able to chat with one Bill Haber and I have somewhere in my possesion a photo of his cards in the black photo paper along with his stengel card but they are in B&W as we had no scanners back then.As for how many Jackson's exist I can't put a actual number on it but at one time I knew of 12 my five,4 with one other veteran collector and three with another,I am guessing 25 or more and I will say that Stengel T-210 cards are less plentiful. Just my opinions.If you have more to add please do as I loved these cards and they still are my favorites.

Last edited by Old Mill Man; 05-23-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Typing Error