View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Frank Wakefield

Hello there, Joe.

I have an orange one somewhere. I posted it a couple of years ago, when we had a thread about them before. I'd still like us to get together a list of potential orange ones. I think some of us think any series 3 can have an orange border, some of us think only some of the series 3 cards can be found with orange borders.

When I see that yellow one I figure he wasn't printed alone, so there must have been more. And some 1910 kids may well have trashed them because they didn't have red borders...

As for T210 interests, I think I got about a fourth of the way into the entire set, then gave up and sold most of them except for series 6. I then focused on series 6. At present I have 64 and lack 2, Angermeier fielding, and Whitaker. I'd like to find one of them this year, the other the next. I've been looking for years, did find a Whitaker that a board member outbid me on. Then instead of offering it to me when he was ready to sell it (as he'd said he would), he instead sent it off and it was in a Mastro auction. They put it in a lot with a bunch of other cards, and the lot got beyond what I'd pay. Yes, I know it is easier for the auction houses to pile stuff into lots... we wouldn't want it to be about getting money for the consignors, would we. Consignors send those cards in with benefiting the auction houses in mind.... (Yes, I'm still annoyed Mastro piled a bunch of cards together, less money for them and the consignor, but it was less work for them!)

So Joe, please find me an Angermeier fielding and a Whitaker, please Sir.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 05-22-2009 at 09:23 PM.