View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Peter Spaeth

Default from kevin's website

I assume the quote from Rob is authorized, but of course don't know for a fact.

Rob Lifson - President & Founder robertedwardauctions.com One of the most respected names in the hobby. Renowned for his ethics, integrity, experience and knowledge:

"I admire what Kevin Saucier is trying to do. He puts himself on the firing line even attempting to provide information to the public about card alterations. Some people don't like his work. It's not a very popular topic. The fact is card alteration is epidemic. Not everyone has to agree with Kevin about everything, and Kevin would be the first to agree with this. At the very least his work raises awareness among collectors; at the most his work has the potential to help save collectors real money. To those that suggest that Kevin is the problem, for even talking about card alterations and restoration and trying to educate the public about this serious issue - I say to them: the problem is that there are not ten Kevin Saucier's out there - learning, debating, comparing knowledge - and trying to help collectors avoid mistakes. I’m hoping he will continue in his efforts."