View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Dan McCarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makersmarkambassador View Post
BobbyV...you nailed it!!! Use a Mac or Linux and you'll never have these issues. If you use Windows, your best bet is to clean your pc about every 6 months. I mean backup your info and wipe out your HDD and reload Windows. This also gets rid of files and other stuff that slow your pc down. I feel there's not really a good defense for Windows. A good virus scan is not 100%. I think a lot of problems come from other people you know, such as getting an email from a friend with an attachment that is a virus and they don't know it is infected.
Please don't spread misinformation about internet security. Systems running OSX or Linux may be less vulnerable but that doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that you "will never have these issues." Anything that you connect to the internet is susceptible. I think there have been enough explanations in this thread but if you don't understand something and want further explanation or additional examples/proof, please feel free to ask. I just don't want anyone to get in trouble because they had a false sense of security (better safe than sorry).

Disclaimer: I am not an internet security expert.