View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Joann

I think the new board is great, and one pick up thread is fine, but I think we have really lost something in the image area.

I know I know I know - the image hosting with it's one-week self destruct mechanism was a pain in the rear. But the bottom line is that you could post a full size image without using an outside image hosting site like photobucket or whatever.

I am thinking that some response to this comment will be along the lines of trying to push and badger people to get on photobucket or whatever. But let the numbers speak for themselves:

There are 80 posts that include scans in the combined pick-up threads for May, REA, Legendary and Goodwin. Of the 80 posts with scans, 18 of them are thumbnails. That's about 22.5% folks.

I think that a "failure" rate that high for posting full-size images basically says that telling people to use photobucket is an incomplete answer and is being shown not to work.

And there is also a loss in reading the threads - you used to be able to flip down and watch all the pictures go by. Now you miss about 1/4 of them unless you stop to click, and if there is more than one thumbnail you also have to click through each one once it's open.

So ... is there something that can be done to allow posting of full-size images directly without either using photobucket or standing on your head up in the User CP album area? Not to mention any other boards, but one of them has an incredibly easy boop-boop-done way to put a full picture right in a thread in about two seconds, and not from photobucket.

Thx much.

J

And ... in those four pick-up threads with the 80 posts that included pictures? There were a total of ~178 posts that had no picture at all. The commentary outnumbers the actual scans by more than 2-1.

And ... I know the numbers probably don't add up. It was a quick count. Don't email me.