View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Dan McCarthy

Default Saving eBay auctions for reference?

I was wondering if anyone here knows if it's possible to download ebay auctions to use as reference for the future. It's very annoying that eBay doesn't allow you to search completed listings for beyond two weeks or whatever. Recently there were a couple of things that I had seen a few of before (probably up on eBay a three or four times a year), but I wasn't sure of the size of the piece (to determine authenticity) and couldn't remember what price they had gone for in the past. I'm normally great with computers and such, but the only thing I could think of is taking a screenshot of the completed auction of rarer things that interest me; however, that wouldn't preserve searchable text, which would be ideal when amassing a small database of items of interest.

Does anyone know of a program/Firefox extension/easy way to essentially download a website (including embedded images)?

It seems like a program with some sort of script like t-206.com uses would work for this, except that it would also need to download images and descriptions.