View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Miracles Do Happen- Look What The Yankees Just Did

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

Energetically hating a team is fairly pointless, but there's nothing wrong with rooting against a team. The word "hate" when used in a message board context, and especially a sports context should rarely be taken literally. Saying "I hate the Yankees" on a board usually just means somebody roots against them, not that they have a small shrine in their house with burning candles where they place hexes on Derek Jeter.

Howard,
The reason I brought it up in the first place was that he asked me the same question in another thread where is knocked the Yankees a bit. Perhaps I could have phrased my above post a little better, but there is definitely a difference in perspective from 18 to even 5 or 10 years later so I understand what Dan was telling me.

Brock,
I was just curious why you keep asking the question...there's no need to apologize for asking it or for being spirited in your team's defense. There's certainly nothing wrong with being a Yankees fan either, but you have to realize that fans of most other teams will probably be indifferent to your guys at best. If I were a Yankee fan I'd be thrilled with all the money they spend, but as a fan of a team (Oakland) that usually gets players poached from them I'm looking at it from a different perspective.