View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Default THE MONSTER - "Making Noise"

Posted By: Donny Muth

Phil,

Are your only two options really taking out a loan or selling your T206 set? Is there anywhere else you can sacrifice to get the home remodeling you want completed without giving up your prized T206s?

Do all the upgrades really have to come at once? Or can you spread them out over some period of time?

Could you downgrade your car and save on the monthly payment (if you have one) or get some extra cash that way?

Is there anything else of value that you can sell, or go without, to be able to afford these remodeling upgrades? Big screen TV? Stereo? Golf clubs? Eliminate the movie channels on cable/dish? Drop the cell phone(or go with pre-paid perhaps)? etc?

Can you and/or your wife take on a small side job, or work a little overtime or something, to pay for the upgrades?

If you haven't done so yet, maybe you could prioritize the upgrades and figure out what are the top things you'd like to have and match that up against the $ you can come up with using various options. You may end up realizing that you can go without some of the upgrades that you perhaps originally thought you had to have.

My wife and I are in the process of getting out of debt (except for our home loan which we also plan to pay down drastically starting next summer hopefully) ourselves while also trying to look forward to getting a new house in the next 2-4 years. So, I completely understand not wanting to take on a new loan. Also remember that you have to keep some fun stuff in your life or it's kind of pointless. It sounds like your T206s are one of your outlets for relaxtion and fun. Just some ideas... good luck!

---Donny Muth