View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions. Should I call the police on them about having possible stolen material

Posted By: Aaron M.

OK, Leon, also when I wrote the following in reference to REA:

"Leon, your endorsement and middle-man servicing aside, I would think that there is at least one cleaner auction house out there -- one that has never allowed it's employees to shill lots, has promoted "honest auto-bid" from day one, was the only major auction house to agree to stringent (but long overdue) authentication disclosure requirements, and is not the target of a federal criminal investigation and hasn't had to change its operating name in fly by night manner.

Sadly, if more auctioneers had followed this distinguished gentleman's lead, these messes could have easily been avoided."

You responded with:

"Aaron April 19 2009, 10:59 PM

You are truly ignorant is all I can say...."

I took that to mean that you had information that I did not that would impugn Rob Lifson's integrity and business practices. (I also got the same impression from the e-mail you sent me.)

When I asked you to enlighten me on this information, you responded with:

"It's not my job to enlighten you. Ignorance is bliss.....have a good day."

Which I again took to mean that you had damaging information on Rob and his auction house.

I don't think I was the only poster to interpret your posts in that way as two subsequent posters offered:

"Aaron, Rob Lifson is not a saint either.

"The most powerful members of our community have a shattering secret..."

Not sure if any of those members is willing to bring the skeletons out of the closet."

and:

"Aaron,

As others have pointed out, how certain people are now are not how they have always been. This goes for dealers, grading co people etc. This may keep a lot of the truth under wraps."

I responded to both posts that I was open-minded on the issue and would listen to any information one was willing to share that could be negative with respect to Rob and his integrity.

No-one did (although my invitation is still out there).

Was that my misunderstanding as well?