View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions. Should I call the police on them about having possible stolen material

Posted By: leon

I have no issue with you stating your opinions just like anyone else that is NOT anonymous. I won't allow anonymous posts as is the general rule. A couple quick points though. I don't see me going back and forth with Doug to get your questions answered. I posted his cell phone number on this board so anyone is free to call him. BTW, that phone number, or any phone number, won't be allowed to be posted on this board unless we are absolutely positive it is ok with whomever is having their number posted. Generally speaking we really shouldn't be posting phone numbers on the board. My cell is 214-282-4943.....I never have an issue with someone posting their own #.

I don't think you can go by previous sales to get "todays" market prices. In our collectibles field the prices are too sporadic to know, even within a reasonable amount (imo), where the item will end especially in todays economy. Now, on some more common but expensive items I think your case could be made. A red T206 Cobby with a common back, in ex condition, with no other extraordinary issue will go from approx. $1900-$2300, almost every time (currently).....Too much more or less and it becomes suspect. Most items aren't that expensive, or that common, so it's even more difficult to quote a value. Even the range I quoted is fairly substantial but it's what I see from present sales. The point being is that it would be difficult to compare venues in who gets the most for consignors cards. I tend to agree the Mastro website was a bit more visually appealing but I think the current one is good and very functional. I just now placed about 20 bids and every one was easy with no complications. Flowery write ups are great for reading in the morning (if you know what I mean) but in the end we collect cards and not descriptions. And btw, all descriptions should always be verified, imho....take care

edited typo