View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default Opening Day....Yankee Stadium 1923....and today

Posted By: Tim Caravella

I was lucky enough to be at today's game. The stadium was beautiful and weather was perfect. Although the game didn't have the best results I had a fantastic time. I was in the bleachers and David Wells came and sat with the fans for 5 innings. He signed, took pictures, and had fun. It was a much more conservative bleacher crowd as I think many people paid hundreds of dollars for bleacher seats. Fortunately, I got mine from a Yankee pre-sale for former partial season ticket holders for $20.25 for 2 seats!!! The only thing missing from my experience was the feeling I used to get walking from the main concourse into the stadium. You would go through a tunnel and the field would bring you to you knees as you came out. Now it is open to the field all around and there is no striking aura that comes over you. Nonetheless, the stadium is a great tribute to the past with all the modern conveniences and advantages of modern technologies. Looking forward to going again on May 5th to see the Yanks play the Red Sox, in much better seats!!! Now, if we could only work on those $9 beers!!!!