Thread: A Great Board
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Default A Great Board

Posted By: Jim VB

Anyone who has been paying attention for the last couple of years knows that I have been chasing cards from one particular set. These cards rarely, if ever hit the auction market (last time was in 2005.)

Recently some were listed in an auction.

As you might expect, I got a couple of emails from friends alerting me to this auction, just in case I had missed it. I also got a few more emails from 2-3 board members who I know less well, or had only had one or two conversations with.

But I also got 3-4 emails from people I did not know at all, people who rarely, if ever post here, but apparently, read the board and had mentally filed away my want list. One even refered to himself as a "lurker."

To my friends I say: "What? Do you think I'm so stupid that I'd wait this long and then miss them? Give me a break?"

But to all of the others I offer a sincere and heartfelt "Thank You!" To me, that's what makes this board great. Despite all the time we fight with each other, disagree with each other, ridicule each other, we are all here for the same reason. Vintage cards.

Thank you!