View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Default show us how you display

Posted By: marty q

hello fella's,
one thing i hated with my sets was the way i had them displayed. i figured there was a better more attractive way to show my early bowman and topps sets. first thing i did was buy some great binders from archival, then using 4 pocket pages, i would insert a card into a card saver and clip off the top flap that had the card saver logo, i would center the card, then i got black construction paper and cut them into 3.5 by 5 inches to fit into the pocket pages, but first i would double up tape and put it onto the back of the card saver and then center that with the now cut to fit black paper. 4 cards per page, looks great, this could really only be done with the smaller and oversized topps and bowmans...48-55..and topps 52-56, and also the set size were alot smaller then, from 57 on sets went to 400+++ cards and easy 9 pocket pages.

this gets a little pricey, the binders will run you along with enough card savers, but for me it makes my sets a pleasure to view. 51 bowman and 56 topps are to big for the black paper thing as the pages get to thick. the 53 topps seems to be the limit 280 cards. anybody else as "anal" as i am with their sets??

also for small set like fleer greats and 3-d's and such i use unikeep plastic clear binders from staples, abobut 4.50 a binder, but great for small sets. the binder folds square, makes it easy to pile then up...i have put some pics up....i have also done the 1 inch binder with sets like 41 double play, 39 playball, etc....please share your pics..
[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]