View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage Baseball Poster/Broadside Sold awhile ago

Posted By: Alan Elefson

This item has been sold for some time. I am sorry for not stating so prior to its resurrection.

Hi-

Please see the images below of a circa late 1920s-early 1930s baseball poster featuring a batter against a red diamond. Because it has the design number 249 at the bottom, I am guessing it might have been a salesman sample. Also, thanks to the amazing knowledge on the Meorabilia board I learned a poster with this exact design, containing printing for the 1931 World Series, was offered for sale a few years ago. I realize this poster would be a lot more desirable if it contained the world series ad, but I still think it is a nice display image nonetheless.
The poster/broadside is thick and is made out of cardboard. It is not in perfect shape as there are a few small tears near the borders as well as some staining (from the sun perhaps?) around the top (especially noticeable on the back) and a chip barely attached to the right border. I can send further pictures if needed.
I really do not know the value on this as there is no book but I will ask for offers if possible. The first offer to my liking gets the poster. I am sorry for offering it this way, but I have great difficulty setting prices for odd items such as this (I know we are not talking big bucks here). If a known board member wants it I will ship it to them before payment is sent as I have only done one transaction on the BST so far (although I can provide references as needed). Please email me at my address below with any questions or offers.
Thanks for looking!
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com